Definition: Service-learning is a method of teaching and learning that integrates community service activities into academic curricula and expands the learning of students from the classroom to the community.
Mission: Our mission is to promote civic engagement through service-learning activities across the Fort Hays State University campus, in alignment with the Kansas Board of Regents goal to improve community/civic engagement.
- Identify current service-learning efforts at FHSU
- Educate the faculty, staff, and community about service-learning
- Coordinate the implementation of service-learning
- Course design
- Identify community needs and form community partnerships
- Develop a FHSU service-learning network
For more information, visit the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse.
Leave a Reply