The Red Balloon Project has three main goals:
1. Lower costs
- Maximize cost-effectiveness (either hold costs constant while increasing the number of students involved, or reduce costs)
- Make programs scalable (increase the number of students served while reducing per-student costs)
2. Increase Participation
- Create more effective student engagement. Engagement is the key to greater learning outcomes.
- Produce greater learning outcomes documented by a rich array of instruments and assessment strategies.
3. Respond to the Challenge of Technology
- Focus on the development of 21st century skills to create 21st century learning and leadership outcomes.
- Rethink teaching, learning, and faculty roles.
Work Cited: “About” (2010, September 29). AASCU’s Red Balloon Project Blog. Retrieved December 4, 2011, from http://www.aascuredballoonproject.wordpress.com/about.